- Before enrolling, students must download and fill in the application form and send it via mail to: Associazione Culturale Koiné – Via del Boschetto, 32- 00184 Roma or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, students can enroll directly through our online booking system.
- In the case of students under the age of 18, the application must be filled out by a parent or legal guardian.
- School enrollment is on an annual basis. In order to enroll, there is a required 20€ membership fee.
- The enrollment and the payment for the course can be completed on the first day of classes unless the student decides to enroll through our online store.
- Students who choose to enroll through our online booking platform are required to pay a 50% deposit of the total course fee; full payment must be made no later than the morning of the first day of classes.
- Inscription fee and course fee payments are required in advance if the student requires an acceptance letter in order to apply for his or her student visa (see section 6 of this document).
- Students may take an online PLIDA entrance test free of charge in order to evaluate their level of proficiency in the Italian language before selecting a course.
- Students can request the activation of the accommodation service, under the terms and conditions defined in section 7 of this document.
2. Discounts and promotions
The School provides discounts on all courses fees for:
- foreign students married to Italian citizens (10%);
- foreign students related to Italian citizens (10%);
- foreign students enrolled in undergraduate courses of Italian Studies (in Italy or abroad) (10%);
- foreign students enrolled in Italian high schools abroad (10%);
- au pairs (15%);
- seminarians, priests, and members of religious orders (15%).
- diplomats (10%).
Students can take advantage of these discounts by booking via email or WhatsApp.
Once the School receives an application or the student completes the enrollment process through our online booking system, the student shall receive a pro forma invoice. Full payment can be made in cash on the first day of classes except in the case of online booking (in which case, a 50% minimum deposit is required). The School accepts the following forms of payment:
- Bank transfer to:
Associazione Culturale Koiné
Crédit Agricole, Agenzia di Roma 2
Viale Regina Margherita, 188 – 00198 – Roma
BIC SWIFT: CRPPIT2P595
Note: students are likely to be charged bank fees and commissions.
Students may require paying in installments; when doing so, they waive any form of discount described in paragraph 2.
Lessons will take place Monday through Friday, with the exception of bank holidays. Lessons missed due to bank holidays will not be made up at another time. However, private lessons will always be rescheduled.
Absolute beginners must start the course according to the dates given in our class schedule.
Lessons take place in the morning, afternoon, and evening, and the schedule is subject to change depending on the Italian language proficiency of students and/or the availability of classrooms and Italian language teachers.
If the minimum number (3) of participants for intensive courses is not reached, the course fee will remain the same. However, the number of hours will be decreased as shown on in the following table:
|Number of students||Weekly amount of hours|
- Enrollment can be terminated at any time before the start date of the course without any penalty fees, with the exception of the online booking fee, which is subject to the following penalties:
|Type of course||Cancellation date||Penalty|
|Standard Course||Less than 5 days before the starting date of the course||50%|
|Less than 3 days before the starting date of the course||100%|
|Intensive Course||Less than 15 days before the starting date of the course||100%|
- All refunds are required to cover bank or postal charges.
- Once the course has begun, no refunds will be made regardless of if the student has chosen to discontinue his or her lessons, or if he or she has decided to drop the course entirely. If the student is unable to attend courses for unforeseen major reasons, the school will consider a partial refund or supply a voucher that is to be used within a period of 12 months. This voucher can be transferred to another person at the student’s discretion.
- Reductions will not be made even if the student chooses to join a class that has already begun, if there is an early closing of the course, or if the student has missed lessons.
- In the event of suspension of face-to-face (on-campus) teaching for public health reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the School guarantees the continuity of the formative offer by transferring all classes to an online platform. No reimbursement will be provided, but the School will consider on a case-by-case basis the possibility of suspending the enrollment and payments of those who may require it.
- In case of cancellation due to student Visa refusal by competent authorities, see the “Visa for study purposes” section.
- It is not possible to convert a payment made for group classes into credit for private classes, under any circumstances.
6. Visa for study purposes
- Students traveling from countries that are required to provide student visas must first contact authorities in their country of origin. For further information about the visa application process, visit: www.esteri.it/visti/
- If the student requests an acceptance letter in order to apply for a visa for study purposes, full payment of the course fee will be required in advance by the School. Upon receiving the payment, the School will send via express courier all the necessary documents to the student (acceptance letter, signed inscription form, inscription card, and a validated invoice). The shipping cost, entirely at the student’s expense, is 50€ for international shipping; 15€ for national shipping.
- Students that do not obtain the visa must notify the School in writing at least 20 days before the first day of class, enclosing a document that testifies the visa refusal or all the original documents received by the School. In this case, the school will refund the course fee paid in full, minus the postal/bank charges, the enrollment fee, and 250€ due to cover administrative costs. In case the student fails to provide the School with supporting documentation within the above-mentioned limit of 20 days before the first day of class, the School will apply a penalty equivalent to 25% of the total amount paid by the student, net of administrative expenses, bank, postal and registration fees. In case the student fails to provide the School with supporting documentation within the limit of 7 days before the first day of class, the School will apply a penalty equivalent to 50% of the total amount paid by the student net of administrative expenses, bank, postal and registration fees. No refunds are made if the documentation certifying the refusal of the visa reaches the School after the scheduled day for the start of the course. In the event of delays on the part of the Embassy or the Consulate in managing the student’s visa application, the School reserves the right, upon receiving prompt communication from the student, to postpone the refund deadline and the starting date of the course.
- Once a student has shipped all of the necessary documents in order to request a student visa, he or she can no longer cancel or change course dates without first returning all original documents.
- Should the student choose to not attend courses upon receiving the visa for study purposes, the School will issue no refunds. If the student is unable to attend courses due to major unforeseen reasons/events, the School will consider issuing a partial refund or supply a voucher to be used within 12 months.
- For further information about the visa release for Italy, see the apposite section of our website.
- The student may request accommodation services for a non-refundable 60€ fee.
- While the School is committed to arranging and booking the student’s accommodation, it is not responsible in any way for the relationship between the student and the landlord or structure.
- The landlord or owner of the structure’s deposit fee is at their complete discretion.
- The cancellation and/or refund policy is established completely by the landlord or structure’s owner, and the student will be notified of these fees and policies at the time of booking.
The School provides insurance coverage only within its structure. It’s therefore recommended to equip themselves with travel insurance before departing from the country of origin.
9. Photo and video
The School reserves the right to occasionally take/use photos and videos for promotional purposes only. Should the student not agree to appear in the advertising and informational material of the School, he or she must immediately notify the School.